For the past four months, I have been answering many questions on the platform Quora stemming from much confusion in modern Christianity. This effort has earned me a Top Writer Award for 2018. It is good that there is an open platform for people to pose their questions and receive a wide range of answers from different perspectives. I have been adding Origen’s wisdom to the answers often only answered by right wing Christians or by atheists. By adding Origen’s wisdom, I am trying to give a very different perspective from the two aforementioned.
There are few things that I would like to point out.
- I see many claims that the text we have today is the perfect Word of God, with no errors and no room for discussion.
- At the same time, the prophets admonish the priests and scribes for corrupting the word. See Malachi 2:7-9, Jeremiah 8:8-9, and Ezekiel 2:1-7 for examples.
- The councils are well documented as to the changes that were made to the bible in the New Testament also.
- There seems to be a very rigid interpretation of the bible, in places where there are very specific conflicts in the text.
- One example is the claim that Jesus is God. The text is not clear at all on this point. Jesus says many times He is not God, yet there are other passages where it seems like He contradicts this.